Manchester City jester Brian Marwood has suggested that international football will kill the Premier League, not traipsing around the planet playing pointless games for lots of advertising money. Marwood believes that players are being damaged by the amount of minutes they’re being forced to play and is also concerned his jester hat isn’t quite funny enough.
He told the Manchester City website ‘all these international games are stopping us from being able to book further trips to China or India for a one off friendly game in smouldering hot conditions so our overseas fans can see how good we all look in our kits. Whilst sat on the 15 hour flights the guys just keep telling me they’re knackered, and I’m like, damn those international games.’
City face Arsenal in China this summer and asked whether they could just cancel the trip and have a sensible match up locally Marwood said ‘yeah, but then how would we afford all the hookers and mansions?’
- New United generation as tossy as the old generation club confirm
- Gridlock in Manchester as players arrive for transfer deadline day medicals
- Rooney to miss summer but celebrates big bet win
- Tevez to create fictional club willing to pay him £200,000 a week
- Portsmouth to appeal for trip to Azerbaijan