Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has been left on ‘like’ mode again at the worst possible time, as the White Hart Lane boss struggled to field questions about just who he’d fancy in the January transfer window. Assistant Joe Jordan has called in the engineer as the England head coach in waiting continues to hug journalists and smile politely at strangers.
Asked whether he’d be interested in signing Chris Samba Redknapp claimed ‘yeah I like him, for sure.’ Asked whether he’d be interested in signing Demba Ba Redknapp claimed ‘yeah I like him, sure.’ Asked whether he’d be interested in signing Donald Duck Redknapp claimed ‘good player. Yeah I like him, for sure.’
Jordan claimed ‘we’ve called someone out and they’re coming Thursday but Harry’s like mode is quite hard to adjust. What’s worse is he always seems to get the urge to call Sky Sports and ask them ‘what’s up?’ and ‘what you wearing?’ He’s very caring like that when stuck in this mood but to be honest, I’m fed up of hearing how much he likes the canteen toast. It really isn’t that great…It’s just f***ing hot bread for f***’s sake!’
- Harry Redknapp denies he’d like to punch the Europa League in the face
- Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp plays down having a fist
- ‘We certainly don’t want to not think about the thought of thinking about selling Modric if that makes sense?’ says Redknapp
- ‘We’ve got them right where we want them’ says Redknapp
- ‘It was just a Scottish hug’ says Jordan