Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich was confused this morning after throwing some money at something and not getting it. The Russian billionaire used his normally reliable approach of taking lots of notes and dispensing them accordingly around his proximity but still lost a crucial vote to buy back the Stamford Bridge stadium from a group of ex Manchester United supporters.
Speaking to a close aide, Abramovich is reported to have said ‘what do you mean I don’t get it? I’m not following you? Here is more money, and a hooker. Now do I get it? How about a speed boat?’ He is later seen to be mouthing to a colleague ’seriously, run this concept by me one more time.’
The Chelsea board are looking to relocate the stadium in a bid to increase capacity to 60,000 and were looking to sell off Stamford Bridge to developers to fund the move. But a property expert doubts the idea would pay off anyway. Speaking to the Times Mark Gage said ‘this is a piece of land that’s seen people like Michael Ballack and Ricardo Carvalho running on it. Tell me who’d want to live on such land?’
- Chelsea set to bring in Alan Pardew
- Chelsea set to release Fernando Torres back into the wild
- ‘Please don’t compare to me Mourinho’ says ex Porto now Chelsea, well dressed, designer stubble wearing, arrogant looking Portuguese manager
- Ancelotti eyebrow in serious condition after reaching hairline
- Chelsea forced to install mini urinal in dressing room after signing 11 year old Michael Gyasi